The robust benefits package available at New Pond Village.
New Pond Village is managed by Benchmark Senior Living, the nation's senior living industry leader, which offers a robust benefits package to all employees. This includes competitive pay with guaranteed weekly shifts and insurance benefits, including a 401k, allowing you to get more out of your employment experience.
$500 sign on bonus. Full-time. Flexibility is key, includes evenings and weekends.
The lead server is responsible for:
- Mentoring and directing servers on the floor, assisting with hostess duties and training of staff.
- Service of food and beverage to residents.
- Knowledge of established New Pond Village policies and procedures.
- Performing duties under the direction of the dining services director to assure that quality food service is provided to meet resident needs.
- Being a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Full-time. $500 sign on bonus. Eligible for full-time benefits with a commitment of 30 hours per week. Weekends, day and evening shifts available.
The host is responsible for:
- Functioning as the resident services contact person during meal periods and controlling dining room flow of residents and guests during meal periods.
- Processing guest meal changes.
- Assisting with orientation and training of new Dining Room personnel.
- Monitoring dining room services and food availability on an ongoing basis to ensure prompt and courteous dining service.
- Perform all other reasonable tasks assigned by our supervisor.
Limited time $500 sign-on bonus!
The dishwasher is responsible for:
- Performing a variety of food-service functions.
- Kitchen prep work
- Organization and storage of products received
- Maintaining clean and sanitary conditions of food services, facilities and equipment.
- Removal of all garbage; leaving machinery empty, clean and dry; leaving floors clean after each meal.
This position can be an entry-level position to other positions within New Pond Village's Dining Services Department or other roles in our beautiful community.
Dining Room Manager
Limited time $500 sign-on bonus!
New Pond Village is seeking an experienced Dining Room Manager to oversee food and beverage service to our residents in accordance with established policies and procedures. In this role you will ensure the safety and satisfaction of our residents, while exercising the proper authority with dining services staff. This position will report to the Dining Services Director.
The dining room manager is responsible for:
- Communicating effectively with supervisor and kitchen staff and advising supervisor when supplies diminish for reorder
- Ensuring that all table cloths are ironed and clean, napkins are neatly folded and cutlery and glasses are clean
- Ensuring dining area and kitchen is clean prepped for next meal service
- Addressing resident concerns or any problems with service immediately
- Ensuring proper staffing of wait staff and that wait staff is properly dressed
- Accounting for all residents at meals and reporting no-shows to management
- Managing resident apartment room service
- Training and scheduling dining room staff
Full and part-time positions available. Eligible for full-time benefits with a commitment of 30 hours per week. Weekends, day and evening shifts available.
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations with established Benchmark policies and procedures. The Food Services Director will direct these duties to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
The Cook is responsible for:
- Reviewing menus prior to preparation of food
- Performing administrative duties such as completing forms, reports, etc.
- Ensuring all dietary procedures are followed
- Organizing walk-in freezer, storeroom, kitchen tables and counters
- Assisting in establishing food production line to assure meals are prepared on time
- Preparing and serving nutritious meal and ensures high quality presentation and flavorful meals for our residents.
- Representing the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment safely and effectively. Equipment may include: meat slicer, food processor, mixers, ovens, grills, steamers, dishwasher, dumb waiter, warmer cabinets.
The working environment and community culture fuel our employees’ desire to come to work every day.
As a member of our team, you’re part of the New Pond Village family, and you play an integral role in helping us provide the highest level of hospitality and service. We’re looking for people who share our passion and commitment to making New Pond Village a place residents are proud to call home.
Proud, positive praise from a New Pond Village dining services team member.
"My role within the New Pond Village dining department is more than just a job; it is a career. With benefits that exceed industry standards and a supportive and collaborative team, each day I discover what a wonderful place this is to work."
—Ann R., Server
Delicious and healthy meal choices are always served up by our experienced dining team.
Our executive chef and our entire culinary team are dedicated to preparing healthful, delicious gourmet meals that are as appealing to the eye as they are to the palate.
Interested but not ready to apply? Join our talent pool for consideration for future positions.